Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!

     Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm new to making blogs, so I'm just going to introduce myself. My name's Sean, and I am an aspiring filmmaker currently studying at a Christian university in Kentucky. That's right, Kentucky. Anyway, the last few weeks, I've been on Christmas break, and I've seen a ton of movies. And in several of them, I've noticed parallels to their plots and my faith. I'm a Christian, and as someone who wants to make films based off of my own faith, I love to find examples on how to do that.

     That being said, I'm going to try once a week to post a "review" of a film I've seen and how it reveals a little about Christianity. And I'm not just talking about movies that have characters who are preachers or religious settings--I'm talking about movies that contain the very morals that Christians (should) believe in. If you look really closely, you can see those kinds of parallels in tons of movies, even recent ones.

     However, I want to point out that this blog is not a frame-by-frame review of content to avoid in movies. If you want something like that, I recommend www.pluggedin.com, Focus on the Family's website for reviewing media and its content. What I want to try to do in this blog is to study the plots and themes of movies and analyze them from a Christian perspective. That way, I hope that maybe you, the reader, will be able to look at popular movies in a different light.

     Hope you'll be on the lookout for my posts! Wish me luck as I start!

No comments:

Post a Comment